Tree Pruning Services
Black Forest Tree Service has been a household name for providing efficient and reliable tree cutting and tree pruning services in Sydney for over 35 years.
Whether you want to remove damaged branches or improve your tree’s appearance, our qualified arborists will take care of it.
Get a FREE Quote Today
Pruning Done Right: Tree Pruning in Sydney
Tree Pruning Sydney Services:
Storm-proof tree pruning with 12-month guarantee.
Professional tree pruning services by AQF Level 3 and AQF Level 5 Arborists.
Adherence to Australian Standards (AS 4373-2007 Pruning of Amenity Trees).
Careful service without using climbing spikes/spurs to avoid damaging the trees.
Obligation-free quotation within 48 hours.
Why is Tree Pruning Important for Trees in Sydney?
Here are some reasons why tree pruning is essential for trees in Sydney.
Tree pruning helps improve tree health by reducing weight, opening up growth areas, and removing dead or diseased branches.
The result is a well-shaped yet natural-looking tree that resists disease, rot, and decay.
Now, what kind of pruning service do you need?
Choose among the following based on your deadwood removal needs:
- Class 1: Removal of dead tree branches that are more than 12mm (1/2 inch) in diameter (about the size of your pinky)
- Class 2: Removal of dead tree branches more significant than 25mm (1 inch) in diameter (approximately the size of a dollar coin)
- Class 3: Removal of dead tree branches bigger than 50mm (2 inches) in diameter (about the width of a credit card)
- Class 4: Removal of certain dead branches, according to your instructions
- Class 1: Fine Pruning – consists of removal of dead and diseased tissue, crossing and weak branches. This includes branches on the main trunk as well those inside the leaf area down to 12mm (1/2 inch) in diameter (the size of your little finger)
- Class 2: Medium Pruning – consists of removal of dead and diseased tissue, crossing and weak branches. This includes branches on the main trunk as well those inside the leaf area down to 25mm (1 inch) in diameter (about the size of a dollar coin)
- Class 3: Coarse Pruning – consists of removal of dead and diseased tissue, crossing and weak branches. This includes branches on the main trunk as well those inside the leaf area down to 50mm (2 inch) in diameter (about the width of a credit card)
- Class 4: Selective Pruning – the removal of specific branches without being detrimental to the health of the tree.
- Class 5: Reduction Pruning – consists of the reduction of top, sides, under-branches or individual branches without detriment to the health of the tree. Often used in cases of utility clearance, or specific topiary or pollarding.
Classes 2-5 will often require consent from your Local Government Agency, talk to our Arborists to help you work out what is best for you and your tree.
Do you have a tree with branches too low to the ground? Does it make mowing the lawns hard? Is it touching the powerlines or your building?
A canopy raise might be the solution you are looking for. Our team can remove the lower branches or trim the lowest portions off them to improve your line of site or give you more space under your tree.
Storm Damage or Remedial Pruning
After a heavy wind event a tree can often look torn apart and like a giant hat rack. Our team can perform remedial pruning to fix the broken branch stubs and remove dead or diseased portions from the tree.
Remedial pruning is an effective way of retaining a tree that has been subjected to prolonged drought or insect damage, giving your tree a second chance.
A well-maintained hedge is a fantastic addition to your garden or business. Whether your hedge is short square and small or tall round and wide we do hedges of all shapes in sizes.
Palm Tree Trimming
We offer a range of different options for palm tree pruning. We can remove dead hanging fronds from the canopy, remove large seed pods that attract bats and rats, shave excess debris from the trunks to give you that clean tropical look. We clean our palms without using climbing spikes so you can ensure that your palm not only looks healthy but is healthy.
Additional Tree Services
When we’re pruning trees, we provide a guarantee
We’ll remove the damaged portion FREE of charge for all delicate and medium pruned trees that suffer storm damage within 12 months.
For obligation-free quotations, please call us at 02 9631 5899.
Contact us today for all your tree pruning requirements in the Sydney area, and we’ll be happy to conduct a free on-site inspection within 48 hours.
We care about you as much as we care about trees.
Contact Us Today
Tree Pruning – The Sacred Tree Care Ritual
There’s more to tree pruning than you think. It used to be a sacred ritual of life, death and rebirth as foretold by the ancients. And it still is today as we speak about saving trees from chainsaws and cowboys. Pruning trees, done right, is a life-giving practice that promotes new growth while maintaining the tree’s natural form.